We live in the age of email marketing, where almost every B2B enterprise boasts their own newsletter. A newsletter is (by far) the most efficient way to ensure contact with potential customers until they’re ready to make a purchase. Read on to learn some top tips about how to build the most effective email newsletter for your target audience.
Tips On Building A Targeted, Effective, Newsletter
- Prioritize your audience: Your audience should always be the top consideration for your email newsletter. Segment and target your audience from the very beginning, so they only receive high-impact, relevant messages. An on-target message once a month is more effective than a daily email that your audience may start sending to their spam folder. Think about what your subscribers have engaged with and clicked on the most in the past, and group them by interest. Test different headlines and newsletter styles for each segment to improve open rates.
- One CTA at a time: CTAs are vital, but make sure you don’t overload your reader with endless CTAs. Your emails, like your landing pages, should generally feature only one CTA. There are two exceptions- newsletters from retail brands, or a newsletter that aggregates your top content. Targeted, specific offers should be the goal.
- Mobile devices count: Most emails in recent years are opened via mobile devices rather than a desktop computer. This is why it’s critical to optimize your email for easy mobile navigation and display. Don’t miss out on offering value for a large section of your email recipients purely because you forgot to make surveyor newsletter emails that were mobile friendly before sending them.
- Email consistently: Let your leads know what email frequency to expect from the beginning of the signup form. After they do sign up, make sure to stay consistent in delivering what they signed up for. Your campaign will lose impact if you fade away, and they’ll run away if you overwhelm them with messages.
- Amplify content through email: If some of your recent content really hits with the target audience, an email campaign is a stellar way to get more eyes on it. Videos, blog posts, and infographics are particularly essential for email recipients; don’t be scared to show off content purely because certain subscribers may have clicked on it before. Good content travels, and some of your subscribers may end up forwarding your content with others who they think may be interested, increasing your reach and traffic.
- Have a standout subject line: Like the headline of a blog post, your email subject line hooks your target audience in. To optimize your email ROI, it’s key to start split testing email subject lines.
- Analytics are great: Email data lets you know which subject lines worked the best, what links were clicked on the most, and what times and days engagement peaks on. Use analytics to paint a clearer picture of who your target audience is and what they want.
Contact Us Today
Building an effective email newsletter is a great way to establish brand relevancy and optimize web traffic. Call Affordable Digital Marketing for your digital marketing needs today!