SEO helps land your website on top of the SERP, increasing your website traffic and thus promoting your business, services, and brand. As we start off 2023, SEO remains more important than ever. 71% of search traffic stays on the first page of Google, and 28.5% of users click on the first search result that pops up. 67.6% of clicks go to the first 5 results on SERP, whereas the last 5 only receive 3.73%. If your business doesn’t pop up until the second page, you’re stuck with the measly 6% of searchers who bother to click onto the second page. Read on to learn more about how SEO is key to promoting your business, and why you should invest in a digital marketing strategy to generate organic traffic and build your brand today.
How SEO Benefits Your Business In 2023
SEO can benefit your business’s online presence in a variety of ways, particularly through generating awareness for your services and directing potential customers and clients to your business. Here are some ways SEO continues to remain essential to your local business in 2023:
- Long-term, real results: Organically increasing website rankings through SEO isn’t an overnight process, as it requires dedication and time to consistently keep your business high on Google. However, the payoff is bigger; unlike paid ads where the ranking drops the minute you stop paying for them, SEO keeps your business at the top of the page for longer and helps more down the road.
- Higher visibility: Ranking higher in SERP raises your site’s credibility and exposure, directing a higher percentage of potential customers to your site who are more likely to have interest in the products and services you offer.
- Makes your website more credible: Customers will implicitly trust your website more due to the fact it pops up first when they search on Google. Google analyzes factors like bounce rates, reviews, and traffic to determine who ranks in a search, and if you fall to the bottom of search results it could make it difficult to establish trust with potential customers.
- Raise organic traffic: This is SEO 101, but the higher your website ranks on a search engine, the more traffic will come your way. Organic traffic is distinct from other marketing tactics in that it directs people looking for your products and services to your website as a solution.
- Synergize all your digital marketing channels: SEO is most powerful when integrated with other digital marketing channels such as email marketing and social media marketing to produce a well-rounded marketing strategy to grow your business. People who visit your website from an email are much more likely to engage with your website, and you can promote your blog posts on your social media channels.
Contact Us Today
2023 brings a new year, new beginnings, and a fresh page for your business- but the importance of SEO for growing your business and brand remains as important as ever. If you’re looking for a digital marketing solution with the expertise to boost your SEO and expand your online presence, call Affordable Digital Marketing to schedule an appointment today!